Friday 4 April 2014

Craft for the Craic ...Spring\ Easter Theme


This months theme was Spring or Easter. For me the first of the daffodils is a sign of longer days and sunnier climates ... well I can live in hope. And since i seem to torture and kill all attempts at growing them- I thought this might be the safer option. Using my tonic punch and stamp set, I created these- very little paper is actually required and its a fun way to use up scraps.

 
I punched out the individual petals, using the side of my pokey tool I added a bit of shape to them by putting a crease on one side, turned them over and creased the other side at slight angles.  The centres were punches, shaped and layered



For the stems and leaves - I had green and brown striped paper that I cut up, creased and glued into postion, using foam pads on the back of the flowers they were attached to the card
  
Thanks for dropping by and hope you get some inspiration from this  :)

7 comments:

  1. I just love this!! So glad you are enjoying the Punch and Stamps :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic card! I love the daffodils!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. AW this is really sweet. A perfect spring or easter card, Great job :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Pixie, Beautiful, beautiful Easter card. I love your daffodils. Thank you for entering our Easter/Bunny Challenge at Simply Create Too. Our new challenge starts this coming Friday and we hope you enter it too.

    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://SimplyCreateToo.blogspot.com
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just lovely and oh-so-creative. I love daffodils too as the first sign of Spring. Thanks for joining the fun at Simply Create Too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your Daffodils card Pixie. It really is the marking of Spring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not a fan of real flowers indoors but always get a few bunches of daffs in the spring, they really brighten the place up.
    Love this card and the way you've the made the flowers and leaves. :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to view my blog, Please feel free to leave your comments as they are always appreciated ...especially the nice ones :)