Saturday, 16 August 2014

Craft for the Craic - An Item you've never used before....

Good Morning :)  An easy challenge I thought to myself ... Ohhhhh how foolish I am. I took a look in my
craft area and staring back at me were a whole lot of 'items' I'd never used (hanging my head in shame now). There are so many choices and just so little time - New beads, material, wool, stamps, inks, digis, dies, stencils, I could go on..... and  thats not including the 100s of ideas, techniques and folds  in my head that will never find their way onto paper. With my brain a mass of confusion and bewilderment - I set out to the task in hand and this is what I came up ...

Its a butterfly themed card and co-ordinating Happiness Kit gift box.

So the card was made using a stencil and and some glitter frosting paste. ( Both were items that i hadn't used before). The glitter paste was easier to use than i had anticipated - I'm pretty sure there are U tube clips and technical documents out there explaining how to apply it .... The easiest way for me to explain it - I applied it in the same way that i would butter a slice of toast!!!!! Using a palate knife I started at the top of the stencil and using the pink paste - spread it across the stencil. I swapped over to the purple paste and finished off covering the stencil. Its far from perfect  but the medium is quite forgiving - I helped the drying process by using a heat gun on the back of the card. I stuck some clear gems in the centre of the flowers to finish it off 

Then I tackled the Happiness Kit - I really cant take credit for this idea as something similiar was sent to me many years ago, but I have adapted it for here.  I loved it and its a very simple thing to do. The Box was made from very stiff card. I stamped and die cut the butterfly. Added the flower embellishments ( Again all new items  that were on their maiden voyage). I typed up the 'Happiness Kit' tag on the PC, co-ordinated the colours to match the project, printed it, cut it out  and stuck it on with a glue stick.

Inside the box is a strange little collection of things

  But the explanation for each item has been typed up and stuck on the inside of the box. Its a lovely way of saying I thought of you, If someone is  having a tough time it might just make them smile a little 
I hope you like this project and now I dont have to feel so guilty about  the unloved and un-used craft items as I've incorporated quite a few into this blog

Thanks for popping by and hope to see back again soon

Time 4 Scrap - Autumn Colours

Ok so this is a n new adventure for me, Its my first post for the Time 4 Scrap blog team. The suggested theme was Autumn Colours and I was lucky enough to have this gorgeous digi to work with

 Shes called Berrylicious and is created by artbymiran,  available in two variations with and without the grapes\berries. As the theme here was Autumn- I coloured the berries in various shades of browns and oranges - I attempted to make them look more like acorns

The leaves were fun to do
 ....and i'm not suggesting that you do this but let me say that the starting materials or 'papers'  for the leaves were found  in my local hardware shop in the paint sample cards section.... but shhhhhhh dont tell. 
I used my leave shaped die and cut out some samples. They still appeared slightly flat ... so using my hougie board- I added some veins to them and then shaped them using a bone folder. Finally to give them a more authentic look I inked the edges of them and across some of the veins

Using a combination of glue, sticky pads and padded double sided sticky tape ( the sort that comes on a role,) I attached the leaves to the front of the card  at various angles and heights. Finally I threaded some leaves together and hung them from the card - this was to appear as though the leaves were falling  

Friday, 1 August 2014

Sisters of Craft- Anything Goes Challenge-August Challenge

This months sponsors are Scrappers Delight

I chose the rainy day digi - I liked the simplicity of it

I made a triangle star card  and used much bolder colours than i would usually use- chocolate, green and vibrant pink. The digi has been coloured using water colour pencils, glitter pens and the edge was high-lighted using pan pastels. Clear gems were added to the points on the triangle - I put a layer of the chocolate paper under the gems to cordinate. Using a brad that I attached a gem to - I added the flower.

I love the drama of this when its opened out
Thanks for dropping by and hope you like todays post